Walter Olson online writings
For regularly updated commentaries on this subject as well as outside links, see my Overlawyered.com site, launched July 1999.
Online excerpts and related articles from The Excuse Factory: What Happened When America Unleashed the Lawsuit (Free Press, 1997) (description of book, review highlights, how to buy, etc.):
Other Olson writings on
- "Occupational Hazards", Reason, May 1997.
- "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of a good beer," Washington Monthly, September 1997.
- "Disabling America", National Review, May 5, 1997.
- "The Trouble with Employment Law", Cato Policy Report, May/June 1997.
- "Read These Books -- And Sue Every Boss in Sight", Baltimore Sun, February 16, 1997.
- "Dial 'O' for Outrage" (outtakes from the book), Reason, December 1998.
- "Time to Get Off the Tenure Track", New York Times, July 8, 1997.
- "Punch the Clock, Sue the Boss", New York Times, March 20, 1998.
- "Fixing the Civil Service Mess", City Journal, Autumn 1997 (shorter version).
- disabled rights/Americans with Disabilities Act
- harassment and sex discrimination law
- other branches of discrimination law
- on litigation generally / on legal ethics / on product liability / The Litigation Explosion (Dutton, 1991)